Paypal Change Rate100 Yen = $ 0.90
Fees and Commissions
- Summary of Fees Please Read
- Neokyo Service Fees Please Read
- Packaging Fees Please Read
- International Shipping Cost Please Read
- How can I optimize my shipping and save? Guide
Summary of Fees
When you use Neokyo, you make two payments from the time you order and the time when you receive your package : 1) when you pay for the item, and 2) when you authorize the shipment of your package containing all your purchases :
|Paying for an item||Paying for international shipment|
|- The item in question
- The Neokyo Service
|- The packaging of your items by our team
- Insured and trackable international shipment
Neokyo Service Fees
Our Neokyo service includes:
purchasing the item from the seller, an open channel to ask the seller questions about the item (no negotiation or question regarding authenticity however), Neokyo support, receipt and storage of the item in our warehouse for up to 45 days, a brief inspection of the state of the item based on its original description, and packaging parcels of small size for shipping
Fees per purchase
If you buy multiples of the same item, your fee will be calculated based on the total amount of the purchase.
|1.90€||US$ 2.25||CA$ 2.88||AU$ 3.00|
As for 18/05/2018. More currencies can be used on Neokyo. Pay using your local currency through Paypal, which then convert the amount in yen.
|Package Weight||Packaging Fees|
|Up to 2 kilograms||
|More than 2 kilograms||500 yen +
150 yen for each additional kilo over 2 kg.
Examples : a 3 kg parcel will incur a packaging fee of 650 yen, the fee for an 8 kilo parcel will be 1,400 yen, and the fee for a 20 kilo parcel will be 3,200.
We will consider special packaging requests(a different box shape, double protection, etc.), but be aware that we may need to charge a higher fee to cover the cost of the material.
International Shipping Cost
We do not charge any Neokyo fee on shipping cost, you pay the actual provider price. For more details and help on estimating your shipping cost, please check the dedicated page.
How to optimize my costs
Here are some helpful tips for saving on costs while using our service.
- If possible, buy from the same seller. This will make it possible for us to request those items to be grouped together (while being shipped to our storage facility), thus saving you money on intra-Japan shipping costs. Keep in mind, however, that not all sellers will accomodate this request as they are not required to do so.
- Buy from vendors near our location (Fukuoka Prefecture). You'll save on intra-Japan shipping costs if you buy from a nearby prefecture and avoid items from distant places like Hokkaido or Okinawa.
- Purchase in bulk rather than in small quantities to lower the price of service fees.
- When it's time to ship your items, you can designate the value of the contents of the package for insurance in case of loss or damage. This is this same value that is taken into account by customs when calculating your potential import taxes.
- You can ask us to create a "Small Package" when you're ready to ship (if your item(s) qualify). Small packages naturally cost less to ship internationally. More details here.
Map from the Japan Post website